Saturday, July 20, 2024   
Skip Navigation Links

Frequently asked questions

Why is MCCB/CJC posting its spending online? MCCB/CJC receives its funding from students, taxpayers, sponsors, donors and alumni and is committed to being accountable to those constituent groups in the way it uses those funds. This website provides information for expenses paid through the individual college's vendor system.

What information is available?

The website shows expenses paid through the individual college's vendor system. You can look at spending by month or by vendor, the amount spent, the fund type, the category of spending and the division that made the purchase. For more information, see "How to use this site and definitions".

Are Salaries or Payroll Expenses included?

No, salaries or payroll expenses are not included in the searchable vendor system.

Can I see more information about how the money was spent?

At this time it would require a significant investment in staff resources to research and post details about each purchase on this site. If you have a question about a specific expense, you may make a public information request in writing to the particular college.

How is the MS Community College Board and/or Community Colleges funded by the State?

Community and junior colleges currently receive approximately 32.8% from the State General Fund and 6.6% from the Education Enforcement Fund for a total of 39.4 % on average.

What are restricted and unrestricted funds?

Restricted funds are designated by law or internally for specific purposes.

What are Non-State Appropriated Funds?

Those are funds that are raised through tuition or other student fees, through county tax support, through departmental activities and services, through unrestricted funds generated from grants and contract activity, or through student activities and organizations.